whisky or whiskey?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have about seven other posts in various stages of development clunking around here, but this one is a top priority:

whisky or whiskey?

I'd always been taught that it's whiskey in every part of the world except for Scotland and Canada, where it's whisky.

And after many bottles of research and clicking the first article on that popped up on Google, it appears I'm right.

Case in point: blogspot.com's automatic spellcheck doesn't recognize "whisky" (then again, it doesn't recognize either "spellcheck" or"blogspot.com" for that matter...).

So I'm going to go with whiskey, quite a bit of it in fact, and I suggest you do the same. Though in case you forget, here's how I remember:

If there's an "e" in the country's name, then they spell it with the "e"; if there's not, then they don't.

And as far as I know, Scotland and Canada are the only countries in the world that don't have an "e" in their names.

0 comments: